Leonor Vazquez Diaz Post #1


Being an active and attentive listener


Public speaking is now seen as a crucial life skill that is beneficial in practically every aspect of our daily life. Our communication style reveals a lot about who we are and might affect how others see us.  This is why I think it’s critical to enroll in a public speaking course to develop our communication abilities as well as our confidence.

However, many college students find public speaking to be too uncomfortable or challenging, just like I did before. I completely understand; sometimes the mere thought of speaking in front of an audience may make us feel anxious. As a result, the fact that we are enrolling in a course called Introduction to Public Speaking may even make us feel overwhelmed.



On Tuesday, May 16th, every one of my classmates was doing presentations, making me realize how important this course is since it is not just about giving speeches in public but also providing us with the right tools in order to be able to express ourselves.





Even tough, I didn't have the opportunity to present I learned how to enhance my public speaking skills by listening to all the presentations. I was an active and attentive listener which assisted me on improving my communication and critical thinking abilities. 





On the other hand, I liked how my classmates were all very skilled communicators, considering it was their first presentation. The way they put up their presentations was clear, concise, and to the point. Their efficacy was mostly determined by their voices, explanations, and body language rather than by the presentation contents themselves.



I enjoyed how they spoke openly and were confident in their knowledge of the subject. They even played a brief video that set up their presentation, capturing my attention.

It was a great approach to making the notions, ideas, or facts they were providing more relevant. It gave context and assisted the audience in better understanding and connecting with their presentation.

By displaying their enthusiasm for the topic or information they were presenting, they attracted and captured the audience's attention. I like listening to individuals who are eager to share their knowledge, and that was exactly how I felt.

While the written and verbal content of their presentation was certainly important, their nonverbal communications supported the information they were sharing. They used gestures and facial expressions to support moments when they were explaining a concept.

The presentations were successful because they were packed with useful information. Additionally, they presented the most information in the smallest amount of space.

I thoroughly appreciated each one of the presentations because they covered a lot of topics such as the fundamental idea of public speaking. I also learned about public speaking skills such as pitching approaches, keeping eye contact, how to create an attention-grabbing remark, body language, and so on. There was another lesson on how to create our own speech, pick the best subject for our speech, and properly arrange our speech. There must be several practices. Practice makes perfect. If we keep practicing, our confidence will develop. 



As an honest feedback with the purpose of making next presentation even better I would like everyone to turn their cameras on. It will make us feel more connected and will help the audience to connect with the person who is presenting and their subject






Besides that, seeing how my classmates were presenting was a lesson in overcoming my fear of public speaking.  







Hopefully, everyone learned some lessons on how to deal with issues, work on strengthening our presenting abilities and learning how to give excellent presentations. 




Being part of this presentations made to understand how important public speaking can be in my field. Communicating effectively would be an essential skill once I become a nurse. 




In my opinion it is critical to have excellent public speaking abilities and to use communication skills while working in the medical industry. It is very important to be able to communicate effectively with physicians and coworkers about a patient's health, as well as to interact with the patient in a professional but compassionate way. It is essential for my prospective as a nurse entering the health care industry with skills related to strong communication and public speaking abilities.






By entering the health care profession, a patient's life will be in my hands; therefore, it will be crucial for me to have excellent communication skills between divisions collaborating to provide care for the patient.

Being able to communicate with colleagues demonstrates the capacity to increase the patient's treatment via the cooperation of ideas among health care providers.





In addition to communicating with colleagues, public speaking will be crucial for communicating with my patients and their families. 



As a nurse, I won't be accountable not just for caring for patients, but also for educating them.

Training patients and their families on how to care for themselves after a medical treatment will require most of my strong communication skills, particularly when training others.


In the medical profession, a message may have life-altering implications. Whether I will be informing a patient that they have a malignancy, are pregnant, or have a fatal illness, the severity and tone of my words will be vitally important. In addition, body language is a crucial element.





Switching shifts is another instance where public speaking is utilized in nursing. It will be crucial at this time to communicate effectively with the incoming nurses for the next shift. It is important to have precision communication skills at this time, as the life of the patient is at stake.






As a prospective nursing student, it matters most that I acquire the necessary communication skills, which I will be able to do by enrolling in a public speaking course. I will have the opportunity to rehearse and present a diversity of lectures and to develop my presentation skills. I will have the chance to practice voice modulation, facial expressions, and body language. As communication is such an integral part of the medical profession, it is advantageous to acquire communication skills.


The act of generating and delivering information to an individual, a group of individuals, or a large audience is a significant achievement. I would suggest to experience pleasure while engaging in the procedure.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Presentations

Naymaris Rodriguez Post #1