Melany Ojeda Post #1

    I enjoyed every presentation, there was not one presentation I did not like. There was a lot of different information given and everyone learned something. I liked how each group used pictures and videos in between their presentations. Images allow viewers to experience emotions that words cannot and give speakers a way to engage their audience more viscerally. On how to feel at ease when giving presentations and speeches, Group 1 created an outstanding presentation.  It's crucial to pick a topic that will keep your audience interested in what you have to say. Your audience will respond to you better and find your speech more engaging if you are passionate about the subject. 

    Consider the demographics, interests, culture, and level of subject expertise of your audience when selecting a topic to present. Consider what will interest and be of interest to others so they won't be bored or perplexed during your presentation. I liked the way Group 1 presented and the videos they included, the only thing I did not like was that one of the students presented in a dark room. It was hard to see her face and engage with what she was saying. All the students were nervous, including myself. However, it is important to present somewhere the audience can see and hear you clearly. I decided to take this online course to make it easier for me to speak to others since I'll be behind the camera. Students have to prepare themselves when they are going to present and stay relaxed. After this first presentation, I can say I feel more confident presenting. 

    These presentations prepare us for the future and make us more comfortable presenting in front of others. Working in groups is good because students can interact with each other and prepare for the presentation together. However, at times there may be students that don't want to do the work, and that can affect other students. Groups 1-4 explained how to get started for a speech, and what topics to speak about. This was a great way to start the presentations. This group presented very interesting topics like talking about the importance of listening when someone is presenting, how to reduce the fear of presenting, and how to engage with the speaker. They also explained the importance of writing down ideas and questions for clarification. This presentation taught me and many other students how to make our presentations better. 

Group 2 had chapters 5-9 emphasized the value of conducting research in their presentations, particularly when gathering data from many sources and assembling it into a presentation. Research not only helps you prepare for your speech but also lends credibility to it. They also discussed how to draw attention to personal experience elements in speeches because people enjoy hearing about the speaker's experiences rather than just hearing about their study. Something this group talked about was being organized when presenting. This is important because you need the audience to understand what you are presenting. You also need to know how to introduce and deliver your speech. In this chapter, they also talk about how to use your voice, meaning the tone and rhythm. You need to take your time speaking and making sure your audience understands. You can answer questions and relate to personal experiences to make it more interesting. 

Group 3 had chapters 10-12 and the appendix was our chapter. We discussed why the audience should care about the subject, how to make your audience understand why you choose to talk on a particular subject, and how to make it easier for them to absorb the information by having a clear introduction and clear points. We discussed persuasive presentations, which are frequently used to discuss politics or current affairs. I think everyone did a fantastic job. I am aware of how stressful and terrifying presentations may be. Everyone followed instructions exactly and did a great job. Like my peers, I believe I was anxious throughout my presentation. Knowing that I delivered and gave it everything I had was such a wonderful feeling. It was interesting to hear what each of my colleagues had learned and to see the PowerPoint presentations they had made to show what they had learned. I thoroughly loved giving this presentation; having the freedom to select the topic from the chapter was ideal because every one of us selected a subject that we would be interested in learning more about. I'm looking forward to giving more speeches similar to these and developing my public speaking skills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentations

Naymaris Rodriguez Post #1